Congratulations on getting you a new gas pole saw! A gas pole saw is undoubtedly the most powerful of pole saw types. It uses gas for operation, heavy-duty bars, and chains and is effective for a longer working period. Since it is the most powerful; you can put your faith in it for pruning heavier and larger branches and trees.
So, you have chosen rightly. But, it is a matter of concern, if you do not know how to use a gas pole saw. Let us help you with this matter.
How To Use a Gas Pole Saw
Before You Start
- Make sure that the pole saw is safe and prepared to be used. The faulty ones can lead to a serious accident.
- Clear the area where you would use your pole saw and where the limbs would fall. Any hazard should be cleared at once.
- Be aware of the weather because the windy or rainy weather can turn your pruning into a dreadful experience.
- Cut only one limb at a time
- Avoid cutting branches that are thicker than 8 inches. Take expert’s help in this matter.
- Be aware of the kickbacks.
- Always maintain the right balance and base. Hold the saw firmly and stay at your place rigidly.
These instructions should be taken into account before the start of trimming. After you follow the instructions given above, it is time to move towards the pruning process. The steps below lay out how to use a gas pole saw.
Step 1 : Setting the position of yourself and pole saw
As you hold the grip of your pole saw and make a balance of your position, make few a jump cuts underneath the branch you want to cut off. Jump cuts are a necessary technique which is used before the final cut. It reduces the weight of the branch that makes the final cut easier. It can be physically challenging to cut from underneath. So, always pick a pole saw equivalent to your weight bearing capability.
Step 2 : Extension of the pole saw
Extend the height of the pole saw based on the height of the branch. Hold the pole saw vertically, take it up to the branches away from the ground and never forget to hold it properly. Adjust its position and let it rest on the branches. In the meantime, you can ensure your position too. Always keep the pole saw at your chest level.
Step 3 : Making perpendicular cuts
Now, begin to cut perpendicular to the limb and try to make deep cuts as much as you can. Deep cuts will let you make the final cut and other cuts easier. It will also allow you to make faster cutting strokes. Readjust your position, and the pole saw if you face any trouble.
Step 4 : Ensuring safety
The last step is all about your safety. Check where the limbs are falling and move from that place as early as possible.
Do not lose hope if you fail the first time. Keep trying until you reach your full potential. Clean the work area after trimming is done. So, this is how you can use a gas pole saw. Keep pruning and stay safe!